Rapids River Days Medallion Hunt - Win $500 if you find it!
Starts Thursday, June 22, 2023
Clues given at 9am and 4pm each day until medallion is found.
FOR DAILY CLUES: Listen to 98.1 FM radio-MN's New Country, visit this website, or visit our Facebook page.
Crew Carwash strives to offer you an
exceptional experience, a superior carwash,
and the best team members around!
They’re open daily from 7am – 9pm
at 4118 Division Street – located next to
Best Buy in St. Cloud.
Given daily starting Thursday, June 22
at 9am and 4pm
until the Medallion is found.
The Rapids River Days Medallion is 2-3/4" in diameter.
Medallion Hunt RULES:
1. There are no age limits or residency requirements, however, an individual can win only once during the 2023 Medallion Hunt contest. No purchase is necessary.
2. The medallion will be on City property within the Sauk Rapids City limits. Please DO NOT trespass onto private property.
3. The medallion will NOT be buried underground (NO digging needed). The medallion will NOT be hidden within 100 ft of a body of water. The medallion will not be hidden on streets or driveways where traffic occurs, nor near any railroad tracks.
4. The medallion may be hidden either outdoors or indoors, but will always be hidden in a public place.
5. Event sponsor, city officials, event officials, event volunteers and their immediate families are not eligible to win.
6. CLUES will be announced daily at 9am and 4pm. Listen to 98.1 FM radio "Minnesota's New Country" or visit the RRDays Facebook page or the festival website at www.SaukRapidsRiverDays.com to see each clue for the Medallion Hunt.
7. To claim the prize, the official Medallion must be turned in, IN PERSON, during regular business hours at the Sauk Rapids Government Center located at 250 Summit Ave N, Sauk Rapids, MN. If the medallion is found when the Government Center is not open, please call event chair, Marla Elness, 320-248-8444, to make arrangements for the official turn in.
8. Upon winner verification, a date will be determined to award the $500 check to the winner. Photos will be published in the local newspaper and posted on the festival website and social media.
The Medallion Hunt starts today!
In Sauk Rapids city limits you’ll have to stay.
It’s quite possible it’s in a park,
But please don’t go searching after dark.
In order for the medallion to be found,
You don’t need to climb or dig underground.
There’s lots of green space and year-round fun
There are colors so bright, they shine in the sun.
The Medallion was FOUND after the 2nd clue!
Here are the rest of the CLUES:
Things that are round can often be found
When kids are busy at play
There’s plenty to do and parents know too,
There are benches to rest by the way.
On the north side of town is where you should head
For the treasure is nestled in a little dark bed
Say hello to a neighbor who’s not far from view,
But don’t climb the oak tree, whatever you do!
If your searching continues with bewildered dismay,
And your anxiety is over the ridge,
Don’t fear! Here’s another clue for today,
Try to think like a sleuth, just a smidge!
A warm invitation is coming to you
To find the treasure and WIN!
But you’ll have to search extra hard
Look down, look under, look in!
So many places to search, not by school or by church
And the roads seem to curve all around.
There’s a post in the center to use as your mentor
It’s getting obvious of where it’ll be found!
If you’re into rock and a little bit roll
There’s a stone to focus your eyes
Of all that nature conceals underneath
You’re close to finding the prize!
Curt and Sandie Cook
who live in Sauk Rapids and found the Medallion at Oakridge Park
under the warming house, under a rock.
They received $500 for finding the Medallion
during the 2023 Rapids River Days Medallion Hunt.
THANK YOU, EVERYONE, FOR SEARCHING!
We're looking forward to next year when we'll have the 2nd Annual Rapids River Days Medallion Hunt!